- What is Atheism
- Law & Politics
- Press Information
- Christians Take Over Interfaith Army Chapel in Combat Zone
- Press Kit
- 9/11: 'Never Forget' Must Include All Victims
- Atheists Advocate Separation of Church and State at DNC
- Congressman Pete Stark to Speak at 2013 National Convention
- American Atheists Announces 50th Anniversary Logo Design Contest
- American Atheists Announces Harassment Policy for Conventions and Conferences
- American Atheists Jubilant Over Latest Religion Report
- American Atheists Removes Religious Billboards from Charlotte
- Former Pastor Now American Atheists Public Relations Director
- Former Pastor Teresa MacBain New Public Relations Director
- ITALIAN JUDGE LUIGI TOSTI ACQUITTED!
- American Atheists to Protest Bradford County, FL Decalogue on May 19
Supporting Civil Rights for Atheists and the Separation of Church and State
Support the Darwin Day Resolution!
In honor of this year’s Darwin Day, American Atheists proudly supports the American Humanist Association’s work with Representative Rush Holt (NJ) to introduce a resolution in the U.S. House of Representatives “expressing support for designation of February 12, 2013, as Darwin Day and recognizing the importance of science in the betterment of humanity.”
This Darwin Day resolution signifies some members of Congress are dedicated to promoting science and committed to scientific literacy among our youth.
- States that evolution “provides humanity with a logical and intellectually compelling explanation for the diversity of life on Earth”.
- Demands that the “advancement of science be protected from those unconcerned with the adverse impacts of global warming and climate change”.
- Confirms that the “teaching of creationism in some public schools compromises the scientific and academic integrity of the United States’ education systems.
As you may already know, some members of Congress have been infamous for making anti-science statements. We need atheists like you to stand up for science education and the increased funding of scientific research.
The Darwin Day Resolution is a step toward combating anti-science advocates committed to removing scientific values from public policy. I need your help in getting as many co-sponsors as we can for this important bill if we are to see Congress standing strong on science.
In the meantime, I hope you will visit www.darwinday.org to learn more about the Darwin Day Resolution and join a Darwin Day event in your community. Thank you for standing up for science.
David Silverman, American Atheists President