- What is Atheism
- Law & Politics
- Press Information
- Christians Take Over Interfaith Army Chapel in Combat Zone
- Press Kit
- 9/11: 'Never Forget' Must Include All Victims
- Atheists Advocate Separation of Church and State at DNC
- Congressman Pete Stark to Speak at 2013 National Convention
- American Atheists Announces 50th Anniversary Logo Design Contest
- American Atheists Announces Harassment Policy for Conventions and Conferences
- American Atheists Jubilant Over Latest Religion Report
- American Atheists Removes Religious Billboards from Charlotte
- Former Pastor Now American Atheists Public Relations Director
- Former Pastor Teresa MacBain New Public Relations Director
- ITALIAN JUDGE LUIGI TOSTI ACQUITTED!
- American Atheists to Protest Bradford County, FL Decalogue on May 19
Supporting Civil Rights for Atheists and the Separation of Church and State
Letter-Writing: Ten Tips
There are many forms of activism, but one of the better forms is letters to the editors of newspapers. Newspaper letters allow the readers to hear opposing views and they give the Freethought community the opportunity to dispel any misinformation or myth-information and to educate the public about any issue that is relevant to Freethought.
Since the advent of the Internet, this has become truer because newspaper readers have expanded from the newspaper’s circulation to their online readers as well. There are only small amounts of newspapers that do not include their letters section online.
We will discuss the fundamentals behind letter writing and provide ten tips for improving your chances of a newspaper printing you on a regular basis.
Written by by Blair Scott, Director of Outreach for American Atheists