- What is Atheism
- Law & Politics
- Press Information
- Christians Take Over Interfaith Army Chapel in Combat Zone
- Press Kit
- 9/11: 'Never Forget' Must Include All Victims
- Atheists Advocate Separation of Church and State at DNC
- Congressman Pete Stark to Speak at 2013 National Convention
- American Atheists Announces 50th Anniversary Logo Design Contest
- American Atheists Announces Harassment Policy for Conventions and Conferences
- American Atheists Jubilant Over Latest Religion Report
- American Atheists Removes Religious Billboards from Charlotte
- Former Pastor Now American Atheists Public Relations Director
- Former Pastor Teresa MacBain New Public Relations Director
- ITALIAN JUDGE LUIGI TOSTI ACQUITTED!
- American Atheists to Protest Bradford County, FL Decalogue on May 19
Supporting Civil Rights for Atheists and the Separation of Church and State
Gore Vidal: The Death of a Legend
Gore Vidal, a noted author and activist, has died at the age of eighty-six. Vidal penned numerous novels, two memoirs, several volumes of essays, and screenplays for television and movies. Vidal engaged in the political arena through activism and a bid for congress.
The free thought community will always remember Vidal as an advocate for humanist values. One of Vidal’s most memorable works in this area is, “The Gospel According to Gore Vidal”, a spoof of the New Testament.
The Associated Press is reporting that the lights on Broadway will be dimmed for one minute at 8:00 p.m. Friday night to honor the memory of Gore Vidal, whose play “The Best Man” is in the midst of a successful run at the Schoenfield Theatre.