- What is Atheism
- Law & Politics
- Press Information
- Christians Take Over Interfaith Army Chapel in Combat Zone
- Press Kit
- 9/11: 'Never Forget' Must Include All Victims
- Atheists Advocate Separation of Church and State at DNC
- Congressman Pete Stark to Speak at 2013 National Convention
- American Atheists Announces 50th Anniversary Logo Design Contest
- American Atheists Announces Harassment Policy for Conventions and Conferences
- American Atheists Jubilant Over Latest Religion Report
- American Atheists Removes Religious Billboards from Charlotte
- Former Pastor Now American Atheists Public Relations Director
- Former Pastor Teresa MacBain New Public Relations Director
- ITALIAN JUDGE LUIGI TOSTI ACQUITTED!
- American Atheists to Protest Bradford County, FL Decalogue on May 19
Supporting Civil Rights for Atheists and the Separation of Church and State
Former Pastor Teresa MacBain New Public Relations Director
JULY 2, 2012: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For more information, please contact:
Dave Silverman, President 908-276-7300 X5
Teresa MacBain, Public Relations Director 908-276-7300 X7
Blair Scott, Director of Outreach 256-701-6265
AMERICAN ATHEISTS HIRE FORMER PASTOR TERESA MACBAIN AS PUBLIC RELATIONS DIRECTOR
Cranford, NJ, July 1, 2012 - American Atheists is proud to welcome Teresa MacBain as the newest addition to their staff. Teresa is the new Director of Public Relations and is responsible for overseeing media relations, internal communications and website responsibilities.
Teresa joins the American Atheists’ team with over 20 years experience in public relations most recently as Executive Director of The Clergy Project. Prior to that, she served in the religious non-profit sector as an educator and pastor. Her goal is to expand the department, establish effective policy as well as developing the communications arm of this historic organization.
David Silverman, President, stated, "It is an honor to have Teresa on our team. Since coming out as an atheist at the 2012 American Atheists Convention in Washington, DC, Mrs. MacBain has proven herself to be an effective communicator and a champion of the rational, religion-free life. As the Marines of the Freethought movement, it is fitting to have a Cabinet-level director who has only recently been freed of the bonds of religion."
Silverman continued, “She is a shining example of the fact that atheists who feel trapped in the preacherhood can escape the lying life and get honest employment: there is no life after death, but there is life after church!”
Blair Scott, Director of Outreach, said, “I am looking forward to working with Teresa in her new role. Teresa is an inspiration to many atheists who are still sitting in the pews and leading congregations. Her experience as a pastor will give her amazing insight in her new role in the atheist movement.”
AMERICAN ATHEISTS is a nationwide non-profit organization that defends the civil rights of Atheists and other non-believers; works for the total separation of church-mosque-temple and state; and addresses issues of First Amendment public policy.
American Atheists, Inc.
P.O. Box 158 Cranford, N.J. 07016
Tel: (908) 276-7300
Fax: (908) 276-7402