- What is Atheism
- Law & Politics
- Press Information
- Christians Take Over Interfaith Army Chapel in Combat Zone
- Press Kit
- 9/11: 'Never Forget' Must Include All Victims
- Atheists Advocate Separation of Church and State at DNC
- Congressman Pete Stark to Speak at 2013 National Convention
- American Atheists Announces 50th Anniversary Logo Design Contest
- American Atheists Announces Harassment Policy for Conventions and Conferences
- American Atheists Jubilant Over Latest Religion Report
- American Atheists Removes Religious Billboards from Charlotte
- Former Pastor Now American Atheists Public Relations Director
- Former Pastor Teresa MacBain New Public Relations Director
- ITALIAN JUDGE LUIGI TOSTI ACQUITTED!
- American Atheists to Protest Bradford County, FL Decalogue on May 19
Supporting Civil Rights for Atheists and the Separation of Church and State
Tell Congress to Approve the Darwin Day Resolution!
Did you take action on this Action Alert? If so, please share your letter with everyone in the comments section!
AMERICAN ATHEISTS ACTION ALERT
February 10, 2011
TELL CONGRESS NOW -- APPROVE DARWIN DAY RESOLUTION!
U.S. Representative Pete Stark (D-CA, in collaboration with the AHA) has introduced legislation that would designate February 12, 2011 as "Darwin Day," a celebration and recognition of "the importance of science in the betterment of humanity."
The measure explicitly cites "the validity of Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection," and calls for "a global celebration of science and humanity intended to promote a common bond among all of Earth's peoples."
The measure is designated as H. Res.81, and be found here.
LET CONGRESS HEAR FROM YOU NOW!
We urge you to contact your Congressional Representative immediately and express your support for Rep. Peter Stark's timely and courageous resolution.
* Make your comments pithy and polite; be sure to ask for a response.
* Thank Rep. Pete Stark for introducing this measure! We anticipate the religious right organizations will be doing all they can to defeat this resolution. So, let Congressman Stark know that you support his efforts to declare an official day of recognition on behalf of Charles Darwin, evolution and good science! You can also visit his web site.