- What is Atheism
- Law & Politics
- Press Information
- Christians Take Over Interfaith Army Chapel in Combat Zone
- Press Kit
- 9/11: 'Never Forget' Must Include All Victims
- Atheists Advocate Separation of Church and State at DNC
- Congressman Pete Stark to Speak at 2013 National Convention
- American Atheists Announces 50th Anniversary Logo Design Contest
- American Atheists Announces Harassment Policy for Conventions and Conferences
- American Atheists Jubilant Over Latest Religion Report
- American Atheists Removes Religious Billboards from Charlotte
- Former Pastor Now American Atheists Public Relations Director
- Former Pastor Teresa MacBain New Public Relations Director
- ITALIAN JUDGE LUIGI TOSTI ACQUITTED!
- American Atheists to Protest Bradford County, FL Decalogue on May 19
Supporting Civil Rights for Atheists and the Separation of Church and State
Conrad Goeringer--July 23, 1949 - November 3, 2012
Remembering Conrad Goeringer
July 23, 1949 – November 3, 2012
Cranford, NJ—It is with sad hearts that we bid farewell to our dear friend and comrade, Conrad Goeringer. Mr. Goeringer died peacefully in his sleep Saturday, November 3, 2012.
Mr. Goeringer was an integral part of American Atheists for many years in many ways. He labored tirelessly for years as an activist, leader, and writer. His work helped lay the foundation for the growth we are now seeing within the atheist movement.
Mr. Goeringer’s selfless service to his fellow atheists within American Atheists included such serving as Communications Director, American Atheist magazine staff editor and writer, speaker, and author.
David Silverman, President of American Atheists said, “Those who have been with American Atheists for a few years will remember Conrad’s booming voice and welcoming smile when he emceed the national convention. He was a friend to many, and an invaluable resource to those lucky enough to work with him. He will be missed, and indeed he already is.”
Ed Buckner, Former President said, “Conrad Goeringer was a writer, an historian of atheism, and a man who spent his life and career at the core of American Atheists. His life, words, and work connected Madalyn Murray O’Hair, Ellen Johnson, and Frank Zindler to the leaders we have now—and without a doubt his activism, his words, and his work had a major impact on thousands of members and on atheists beyond American Atheists as well. He is missed.”
Frank Zindler, Former President and long-time friend said, “Conrad bid fair to be the most “faithful of the faithless” whom Madalyn Murray O’Hair drew into her inner circle of Atheist activists and came to treat as though he were another son. Conrad devoted his life unreservedly to the advancement of Atheism in general and to the rescue of American Atheists in particular after the murder of the Murray-O’Hair family. The debt we owe to “Comrade Conrad” is far too great to tally.”
AMERICAN ATHEISTS is a national 501(c)(3) organization that defends civil rights for atheists, freethinkers, and other nonbelievers; works for the total separation of religion and government; and addresses issues of First Amendment public policy.
American Atheists, Inc.
P.O. Box 158
Cranford, N.J. 07016
Tel: (908) 276-7300
Fax: (908) 276-7402