Local Partners and Affiliates
American Atheists is dedicated to developing and supporting a healthy, thriving, and respected atheist community in the United States, with over 100 affiliates. Our Affiliate program provides a relationship with local groups that benefits both the local group and American Atheists in meeting our goals and mission.
We collaborate with local affiliates that want to participate in our civil rights campaigns or need assistance on local issues. We provide organizational and leadership support to local affiliates and, of course, we look to our local affiliates to keep us informed of emerging local civil rights issues so that we can meet the challenge.
Affiliating with American Atheists brings your group:
- A free affiliate listing on the American Atheists Local Affiliates webpage;
- Referrals for individuals in your area who contact American Atheists looking for a local group;
- American Atheists periodic Affiliates newsletter, filled with updates about American Atheists campaigns and programs as well as organizational ideas and other information of interest to growing atheist affiliates;
- Consultation assistance for local civil rights issues facing your organization;
- Consultation assistance for organizational issues or problems, including free organizational evaluation and audit services;
- Invitations to American Atheists leadership and program training workshops held in your area from time to time;
- Access to American Atheist speakers;
- Opportunity to host local RAM and AA workshops, even the AA national convention;
- Free affiliate subscription to American Atheist Magazine;
- Free American Atheist literature for local distribution;
- 20% merchandise resale discount at the American Atheist Store for affiliate purchases over $20;
- Reduced American Atheists national convention and RAM registration fees for members of your affiliate; and
- Participation in the affiliate meeting at the American Atheists' annual convention.
Affiliation is free and requires only submission of a registration form of your interest along with current contact information. There are no size or governance requirements or other restrictions. American Atheists does reserve the right to decline affiliation requests or terminate affiliations with groups that we believe do not support our goals and purposes or would reflect badly on the organization. Local affiliates are free to operate and take positions on issues regardless of your relationship with American Atheists. The value of affiliation comes from the recognition of the relationship and the shared values and bonds that our affiliates have with American Atheists. American Atheists' National Affiliate Director is Greg Lammers. Please contact him with any questions or issues about our Affiliate program and with any specific affiliate support you need.
To Register as an Affiliate
Ready to become an Affiliate? If your group would like to become an Affiliate, email National Affiliate Director Greg Lammers and he will email you the Affiliation Application.
Local Partners and local American Atheists affiliates are independent non-profit organizations and are not subsidiaries, agents, employees, or legal representatives of American Atheists. Local Partners and affiliates do not have the authority to bind American Atheists to any contractual obligations or otherwise act on behalf of American Atheists.
Map of Local Partners and Affiliates
Blue Pin: Non-Profit group
Green Pin: Meetup group
Yellow Pin: Student Group
Red Pin: AA Local Partner
View American Atheists Affiliates in a larger map