American Atheists has a full-time professional staff based in Cranford, NJ at the American Atheists Center.
At this time, American Atheists is hiring for the positions listed below.
National Program Director, President
Full time, exempt
The Membership Coordinator provides administrative support to American Atheists by processing and acknowledging incoming gifts, developing, maintaining, and soliciting membership renewal lists, and serving as a primary point of contact for members and supporters of American Atheists.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of membership information.
- Process incoming gifts, donations, and contributions to American Atheists.
- Acknowledge, thank, and fulfill membership cards for new and renewing members and donors.
- Develop, design, and regularly distribute compelling renewal mailings for annual members of American Atheists.
- Develop, design, and regularly distribute compelling email appeals.
- Compile membership and donor reports for the National Program Director and President.
- Assist department heads in identifying prospective major donors by completing research, preparing call lists, arranging meetings during travel.
- Develop and design informational publications for members, donors, and supporters, including brochures, pamphlets, and others.
- Write compelling, engaging, informative articles and copy for member newsletters, annual reports, and other American Atheists publications.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for supporter inquiries, questions, and member support received via email or telephone.
- Provide excellent customer service for American Atheists members and supporters.
- Perform other related duties of a comparable level/type as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent experience with one to three years of related experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to articulate the priorities and mission of American Atheists.
- Superb attention to detail and ability to meet regular deadlines.
- Self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision.
- A supporters-first attitude in handling questions, concerns, and inquiries from members, donors, and supporters.
- Ability to handle sensitive information, including court cases, public relations strategy, and pending announcements with discretion and integrity.
- Interest in and passion for the mission of American Atheists.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel is a must.
- Experience with the Adobe Suite and other creative tools is a plus.
- Experience with RaisersEdge or other membership database tools is a plus.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Additional benefits include paid sick, holiday, and vacation days; health insurance and dental insurance.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
This position is based in Cranford, New Jersey, just outside New York City.
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: [email protected]
American Atheists is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of American Atheists to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons, regardless of age, race, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, political affiliations, marital status, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, or on the basis of personal favoritism or other non-merit factors, except where otherwise provided by law.